Monday 12 March 2012

Troll slippers

Once upon a time there was a stinky old Herdwick full of bits of straw and crispy beetles (and a spider or giant tick):


but with a little help from Rumpelstilskin we now have a fine pair of Troll slippers:


Hand spun Herdwick slippers
Lovingly lined to protect delicate feet:


Bobbles made with hand dyed Cheviot wool
and edged and bobbled with the same hand dyed wool featured in the Afghan (they looked like a couple of dead rats before these bits)....

...I'll let you in on a little secret...

...the pattern from The Knitter's Year (Debbie Bliss) was for a pair of UK size 5 delicate ladies slippers:

I guess I should have factored in the homespun quality of my still sheep-greasy yarn, for how else to explain the final size-12-and-counting slippers?

I think this calls for a smaller set of needles.

No comments: